Welcome to the Thrillerfest V Blog!

We hope you'll bookmark us, just as you bookmark so many of the hundreds of the International Thriller Writers that participate in our annual conference, held in New York City in July.

ITW is a youthful organization, always ready for a new way of looking at things. You'll find that dynamism here, in blog posts from authors, agents, editors and Thrillerfest attendees, past and present.

And that same excitement you feel from your favorite reads is evident in everything ITW does, and no wonder--the organization, staffing and publicity for ThrillerFest--including this new blog--is undertaken by volunteers, most of whom are ITW authors themselves.

So pull up a chair and stay awhile ... discover the latest news on what Thrillerfest V--the fifth anniversary of the conference--has to offer. Visit old friends, make new ones, ask questions, and hear about the remarkable things in store for the conference.

Whether or not you can come see us in New York--and we hope that you can!--please join us here. It's gonna be ... a thriller!

Kelli Stanley, Thrillerfest Publicity Committee Chair

Thrillerfest Publicity Committee:
Jeannie Holmes
CJ Lyons
Carla Buckley
Grant McKenzie

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Great Week in the Life of A Debut Author

I think this week ranks as one of my great weeks. Three wonderful things happened to me.

First, the Independent Booksellers of America voted Running from the Devil a “Notable Book” for May! Although I’d been informed about this earlier, I admit I didn’t quite believe it until I was able to check the link at Indiebound.org. http://www.indiebound.org/indie-next-list?edition=200905
And there it was.
I immediately wanted to throw a big kiss out to every one, because I know just how dedicated they are to all things literary. What a thrill. On May 1st, in honor of “Buy Indie” day, I went to my local independent, the Book Cellar in Lincoln Square, Chicago, to attend a signing and buy a book. (Free Range Kids, Giving Our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts with Worry). Had a great time and Lenore Skenazy is a riot.

Second, the running apparel company, Sugoi, offered to provide running apparel and to host a book trailer on their site! I’m an avid runner, and wear running clothes of all shapes and sizes, but the piece of clothing by Sugoi that I loved before the trailer was actually not for running at all, but for biking. It’s a biking skirt, with the padded seat needed for cycling hidden under the perfect skirt. You can bike all day and not have to look like Lance Armstrong preparing for the Tour de France. Excellent.

When their running clothes came I soon found two new favorites. The book trailer shoot was grueling, but the clothes hung in there. I spent part of today looking at a final edit, and I am struck by how well everything looked on camera.

The third wonderful thing was the ability to work with creative people in other mediums. The director of my shoot worked tirelessly to get just the right shots, the photographer managed to capture the highlights of the shoot in candid behind the scenes shots, and the musician and I discussed the soundtrack today. I can’t wait to see the finished product. You can find a blog about Day 1 of the shoot on my website, http://www.jamiefreveletti.com/blog/book-trailer-shoot-day-1 as well as photos on my HarperCollins author page http://www.Harpercollins.com/authors/34458/index.aspx I’ll blog about Day 2 shortly.

What a week!

Jamie Freveletti
Running from the Devil
May 5, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment